The Nighthawk (MR1100):
- Model MR1100
- Will work with AC power and battery power
- Greenlight means ready to connect
- One year warranty (On NEW devices)
- Can handle up to 20 devices
- Runs two wifi Network: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ
- Made for home and travel.
The NightHawk has a wide range and ability to handle many devices. The device can run with the battery to be mobile, or able to remove the battery and leave plugged into the wall charger to run non stop. Customers can buy the Nighthawk at Best Buy as well. When customers power on the Nighthawk, it will usually say “set up required”, easy fix. Once activated, the customer will press the power button on the top of the Nighthawk to switch screens. When the device switches screens, it will then show the Wifi name and password.
- Remove the back of the Nighthawk, follow the arrows.
- Push a small object into the hole below the battery and hold for 10-15 seconds. (Picture on left show)
- The Nighthawk will completely power off, then restart itself. Once it powers on, you can connect and test.
How to update the firmware
To update the software on a Nighthawk MR1100 1.Make sure that your device is connected to the Netgear Nighthawk's Wi-Fi network. 2.From your device's Web browser, go to http://attwifimanager. 3.Enter your Username and Password, then select SIGN IN. 4.Select SETTINGS at the top of the page. 5.Select Administration. 6.Select Firmware Update. 7.Select CHECK FOR UPDATES. 8.Follow the prompts to download and install the update.
- On a device connected to your hotspot, open a browser and enter http://attwifimanager or http://192.168.1.1 in the address field to go to the AT&T Wi-Fi Manager.
- Enter the login. (The default login is "attadmin".)
- Go to advanced settings
- Go to cellular
- add APN
apn name : OTR Mobile
apn: Verify Plan Code and reference the Plan codes and APN's article in Knowledge base
pdp: Verify Plan Code
*you can also change Band Region to LTE ALL
leave the rest as is
- save/ apply the settings, then power the device off completely for a minute
To locate the sim card slot for your nighthawk remove the battery and look for the metal slot displayed below.
(1) Update & verify software Dead battery workaround Remove the battery. Plug the Nighthawk in to a power outlet using the manufacturer-provided power cord. Power on the Nighthawk. Follow the steps to below to download and install the update. Reinsert the battery after installing the update. (2) Update software Make sure that your device is connected to the Netgear Nighthawk's Wi-Fi network. From your device's Web browser, go to http://attwifimanager. Enter your Username and Password, then select SIGN IN. Select SETTINGS at the top of the page. Select Administration. Select Firmware Update. Select CHECK FOR UPDATES. Follow the prompts to download and install the update.
(3) Verify software update Make sure that your device is connected to the Netgear Nighthawk's Wi-Fi network. From your device's Web browser, go to http://attwifimanager. Enter your Username and Password, then select SIGN IN. Select SETTINGS at the top of the page. Select Administration. Select Firmware Update. Your device has the latest software if the Firmware version matches the latest update.
LINK TO NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK MR 1100 ONLINE MANUAL:
Sim PUK code lock error-
If you entered 3 incorrect PIN codes and your device displays “SIM card blocked” or “Enter PUK code”, your SIM card has been blocked to ensure your security. To unblock your SIM card, you must enter a PUK (PIN Unlock Key) code.
If you see this error-
look at your sim card and see if you can find the PUK code
If you do not see this number on your sim card then you will need to order a sim card replacement